We are often asked what is the best way to use our chorizo and as such we put together a few of our more favorite recommendations. What is unique about our dry cured chorizo is that it can be incorporated into a variety of dishes or can be enjoyed all on its own. Here's a few of our favorites!
- For breakfast, our chorizo is fantastic with any type of egg dish, from scrambled to omelets. It's also great in a quiche. Easiest way to prepare it is to slice and pan fry. Even though it is an aged product, its pretty darn delicious fried and crispy in olive oil.
- At lunch, we recommend making a chorizo, tomato and olive oil sandwich. This is an adaptation of a Catalonian almuerzo staple - take a fresh baguette, some sliced chorizo and tomato and drizzle with olive oil.
- Our chorizo can liven up any charcuterie board. We recommend sheep or goats milk cheeses, complimented with olives, almonds and mebrillo, which is a traditional Spanish quince paste.
- Chorizo is absolutely delicious with any bean dish, from Texas chili to Asturian fabada to a lentil stew. It will give it a warm and spicy kick, really good during cold winter months. You can certainly add it in a paella. Our recommendation is a paella de carne, with chicken or rabbit as the accompanying protein.
- In terms of what to drink while eating chorizo, you can't go wrong with a Spanish red - Tempranillo or Rioja are always a strong choice. Also pairs very nicely with a Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir or Merlot. If you're not into wine, chorizo goes really well with beer, especially a crisp lager or pilsner.